Tuesday 1 October 2013

Don't be a pussy

Fear has been a theme in my life for the past couple of years.  It's been a key player for a long time, but only recently has it stepped from the shadows into my direct path.  Long story short, I'm getting sick of babysitting fear and watching it run (ruin?) my life.  That winter a few years ago when I felt nothing except anxiety, despair, and physical pain?  The handiwork of fear.  Sooooooo done with that crap.  With that in mind, I've decided to devote the next few years of my life to doing all sorts of things that scare the shit out of me, just to see what happens.  I've already dabbled in this mindset for a little while and, surprise, I'm still alive.  Perhaps even thriving.  Who knew?  Most of the scary stuff turned out to be an illusion, and now that I've decided so many things are illusions I feel ready to procede with creating something more authentic.  The Seven of Wands is a tarot card that represents courage and perseverance.  I return to it over and over again for inspiration, and decided to use it as the title of this blog.  Down with fear, or as I've said frequently to a friend, don't be a pussy.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment