Thursday 12 December 2013

Hurray!

Looks like I'm stuck with Saskatoon, or Saskatoon is stuck with me: I was offered and accepted the position of Fine Arts Librarian at SPL!  This is a permanent, full-time job so I'll be a prairie girl for the foreseeable future.  I'm so happy and excited...what a wonderful opportunity to make use of my experience and knowledge!  I'll be responsible for our collection of scores/sheet music and other music materials, as well as print items in the subject areas of theatre, television, film, decorative arts, and crafts, and coordinate activities in the art gallery (gallery openings = good food).  I'll be on a few committees as well, with my first meeting next Tuesday, and have already been asked to lead a drop-in class for adults about using one or two electronic fine arts resources.  I'm quite nervous about being the back-up supervisor for the department, but it appears that I'll be eased into things rather than thrown into the deep end, so there's no need to panic.  It's funny, I remember December 12 last year very clearly, as it was 12/12/12, and would never have been able to predict that this would be my life in just twelve months, especially considering how miserable/exhausted/scared I was feeling.  Crazy good stuff, I'm so thankful. 

The holidays are coming and I'll be staying in Saskatoon for Christmas.  Introvert Jenn is eagerly anticipating a few days of peaceful solitude during which she can read, listen to music, nap, walk by the river (which is still not frozen, by the way...how can it be this bloody cold and not freeze over???), and make some great comfort meals.  The cats are excited too...they've already started working on the napping thing...









Okay.  They've been working on the napping thing for well over a decade, but they take relaxation very seriously and insist on setting a good example.  :)

Cameron did not look that relaxed this morning.  He met his new vet today and though we were out of the house for a mere 45 minutes, he managed to throw up AND pee in his carrier.  Drama queen.  The vet did a fast and dirty blood test on him and my old boy has been given a clean bill of health.  His thyroid is just dandy on his meds, so hopefully we don't need to go through that production again for a while.  Cleo (aka Princess of the Prairies) is happily putting in some serious snuggling time every night.  We have a routine: I fill the humidifier tank while she drinks out of the base, then we get into bed for girl time.  It's all very sweet, until I get a cat bum in the face...


No comments:

Post a Comment